Web Performance Test Engineer - Join the Team at Iron/Out
Website performance plays a vital role in every business: happy users stay longer, convert better, they buy more and come back more often. From user experience to conversion: a high-performing website can make a difference between growth and revenue loss.
At Iron/Out, we are committed to boosting website speeds and enhancing user experience. We're on the hunt for individuals ready to expand their professional horizons, champion the cause of web performance and foster a performance-focused mindset within the organisations we collaborate with. We offer comprehensive internal training to help you grow into the role of a Web Performance Test Engineer, teaching you how to better assist our clients – a priceless skill in today's digital age! Your insights and expertise will in turn help us refine our services and broaden our reach into Europe.
Iron/Out is a new and young digital agency but with a highly experienced team. We’re a startup within the Makerstreet network, a collective with the best agencies in the Netherlands. Makerstreet believes in specialism and excelling in your own field. We do that with more than 400 specialists.
At Iron/Out we currently offer four different services focused on web performance:
- Performance measurement
- Identifying performance bottlenecks
- Implementation & culture change
- Preventing regression
We say ‘currently’ because nothing is set in stone: web performance, the web technology and the market are always evolving. We have an entrepreneurial mindset and like to experiment with our propositions.
Who are you?
We seek tech-savvy individuals with a background in Software Testing or web performance testing, capable of guiding our clients towards optimised performance.
- You love web technologies: follow the constantly changing landscape, and have a basic understanding of the technologies used to build websites.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): A software tester should have a solid understanding of the SDLC to follow the process and add value at each stage.
- Proficiency in Test Automation: Familiarity with automation tools like Selenium, Cypress, PlayWright, WebDriverIO, etc., can enhance testing efficiency and accuracy. And the ability to integrate these tools into build pipelines (Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.)
- You have experience collecting lab and field data (RUM & Synthetic testing tools).
- You have basic development skills.
- You respectfully challenge your peers and welcome being challenged.
- Communicating both technically and at a business level.
What do we offer?
We believe that a healthy work-life balance benefits both you and us. We do have a pingpong table (which company doesn't have these days?), but we think it's more important that the basics are satisfying: that you can challenge, grow and improve yourself. What we offer you:
- A competitive salary, above market standards.
- Working with and learning from the best specialists in the web performance & development area.
- Learning how to manage projects and work with a broad variety of clients.
- Lots of room to develop yourself including a training budget.
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice.
- You will have flexible working hours and the possibility to balance working from home or in the office. We have a spacious, light and green office in Amsterdam-Zuid (Riekerhaven area).
What will you do?
Based on test experience we designed a structured way of working. However, we’re always on the lookout for improvements in our processes and you’ll play a vital role. Right now your tasks will roughly be:
- Developing Test Plans and Cases: You will need to prepare comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on product requirements and specifications.
- Performing Tests: This includes executing both manual and automated tests, running scripts, and reviewing results. Testing will be done across various aspects, such as functionality, user interface, compatibility, performance, and regression.
- Recording and Documenting Results: After performing tests, you will be expected to accurately record technical issues and bugs, and communicate these findings to the development team to ensure they are effectively resolved.
- Collaborating with Development Team: It's important to work closely with the development team to ensure software defects are addressed and to help in the design and deployment of the fixes.
- Maintaining Test Environments: You will be responsible for maintaining the testing environment, including setting up, managing, and troubleshooting as necessary to provide a stable platform for testing activities.
- Performing Debugging: When test cases fail, you'll be required to perform initial debugging to provide a starting point for developers to investigate.
- Updating Test Cases: As product specifications change, it will be your responsibility to update test cases to match new or altered functionalities.
- Reporting: You will be responsible for generating test reports detailing the testing conducted, issues identified, and the resolution status of these issues.
- Ensuring Quality Standards: A significant part of your role will be to ensure that all testing activities meet and, if possible, exceed the quality standards set by the organisation.
Keeping Current: With the rapid changes in technology, you should be staying updated with the latest industry trends, tools, and best practices.
Contact us, we would love to tell you more!
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org