Web performance specialist - Join the Team at Iron/Out
Website performance plays a vital role in every business: happy users stay longer, convert better, they buy more and come back more often. From user experience to conversion: a high-performing website can make a difference between growth and revenue loss.
Iron/Out specialises in optimising websites for speed and better user experience. We’re looking for people who like to broaden their scope and help us to improve websites for our clients. You will be an advocate for web performance and therefore interested in changing the mindset in the companies we help. We train you internally to become a web performance engineer and how to help our clients: a valuable skill to learn. In return, you will help us to develop our services further and expand into Europe.
Iron/Out is a new and young digital agency but with a highly experienced team. We’re a startup within the Makerstreet network, a collective with the best agencies in the Netherlands. Makerstreet believes in specialism and excelling in your own field. We do that with more than 400 specialists.
At Iron/Out we currently offer four different services focused on web performance:
- Performance measurement
- Identifying performance bottlenecks
- Implementation & culture change
- Preventing regression
We say ‘currently’ because nothing is set in stone: web performance, the web technology and the market are always evolving. We have an entrepreneurial mindset and like to experiment with our propositions.
Who are you?
We’re looking for people with technical expertise in SEO or web performance who can help guide our clients to be faster.
- You love web technologies, follow the constantly changing landscape, and have a basic understanding of the technologies used to build websites.
- Preferably you know how to translate business needs into technical actions and work with clients.
- You have experience collecting lab and field data (RUM & Synthetic testing tools), and you know the importance of Google (Core) Web Vitals if you want a good user experience.
- You have development skills.
- You respectfully challenge your peers and welcome being challenged.
- Passionate about web performance.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of developer tools - Pagespeed.
- Communicating both technically and at a business level.
What do we offer?
We believe that a healthy work-life balance benefits both you and us. We do have a pingpong table (which company doesn't have these days?), but we think it's more important that the basics are satisfying: that you can challenge, grow and improve yourself. What we offer you:
- A competitive salary, above market standards.
- Working with and learning from the best specialists in the web performance area.
- Learning how to manage projects and work with a broad variety of clients.
- Lots of room to develop yourself including a training budget.
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice.
- You will have flexible working hours and the possibility to balance working from home or in the office. We have a spacious, light and green office in Amsterdam-Zuid (Riekerhaven area).
What will you do?
Based on years of web performance experience we designed a structured way of working. However, we’re always on the lookout for improvements in our processes and you’ll play a vital role. Right now your tasks will roughly be:
- Research ways in which we can optimise performance within a web product.
- Build prototypes to test hypotheses and understand design/branding/product tradeoffs.
- Providing technical assistance to clients to implement optimizations;
- It is your responsibility to monitor performance of websites and web applications of your customers, and to provide them with information and insights;
- Your work involves developing and maintaining dashboards that provide stakeholders with access to relevant performance information at all times;
- Foster a culture of high performance by creating tooling, increasing observability, and mentoring other engineers on performance best practices.
Contact us, we would love to tell you more!
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org